Dear Tun Dr. Mahathir…
UNICEF Malaysia has just begun the #lettertomypm project on Instagram to provide children and young people in Malaysia with a channel to let Tun Dr. Mahathir know what they want from his new government. They hope that this will help children exercise their rights to be heard and help inform the government about the aspirations and wishes of children in Malaysia. So far, they have received over 70 #lettertomypm written by children themselves. How many more can they get?
You too, can participate, by the way. Get your children to write to UNICEF, or spread the world to family and friends. Here’s how.
- Get a piece of square colour paper and use an ink pen.
- Write your message to our PM.
- Snap a photo of your message, and upload it on your Instagram.
- Write your post, include a first name or nickname, age and state.
- Tag @chedetofficial and @unicefmalaysia in the photo
- Include the hashtags #lettertomypm and #children4change
In the meantime, here are some of the letters that were received:
All materials, photos and info are courtesy of UNICEF Malaysia. Cover photo courtesy of Tun M himself.
Do you have a story/opinion you’d like to share? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop us a line in the Write In page.